Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Uncertainty.

Yuck.

I hate being uncertain. Being the optimist that I am, I tend to feel pretty secure, despite uncertain times. Today though, I believe I may have met my match. I'm feeling pretty damn uncertain right about now.

My brilliant hubster managed to score an amazing job with a start-up company months before graduating college. We were finally gaining financial independence that we had never experienced before. Now, our future isn't so bright. My hubster called me to let me know that his company's financers have decided to cut funding and his hours will slowly be cut. The future of the company isn't looking too good.

If you happen to know of any job openings for a computer science major who manages to pull a 4.0 GPA despite having a wife and child at home, please let us know. Also, let us know how you deal with these uncertain times, and prevent them from eating away at your sanity.

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest that you check out careerbuilder.com or craigslist.org. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your input. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, where do I start? But then again, if I was genious about this I wouldn't be on month 2 of "unemployed" status, now would I? You know what - I have NEVER not worked (I think from the sounds of it I am WAY older than you - say like almost 39???) and suddenly I have NO IDEA what the future holds for us. However, the one piece of advice is this: Stand by your man. My husband has been so supportive through all of this. Build his ego and stand proud. You'll get through it. Promise.

    ReplyDelete